Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Next Tour

So I found out this week I have two new trips on the docket. I'll be going to China since I had to cancel last time (early March) for just a week. I'm glad it will be a one week trip. So tune in again in a month and you'll hopefully see some info on China!

In April I am off to India for two weeks for our big project's implementation and since we fly through Frankfurt I'm stopping on the way home to see my friend Laurel's home in Germany for a few days. So I'll be gone for three weeks probably, but I get a bonus trip out of it to see a friend! My biggest worry right now is the accomodations in India and the food. I was warned to not drink the water, don't even brush your teeth with, it oh and don't eat things like salad (because its washed in the said water). AGH! Two weeks of this vigiliance! Also the infrastructure in India still is being developed, so electricity goes out randomly and quite frankly I've been warned it pretty much smells everywhere all the time (probably just because we so aren't used to it). BUT, I am excited to see cool Indian architecture (my favorite way to take in a culture) and buy some awesome sari fabrics.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Where in India are you going? Be sure to pack any sweets or snacks you cannot live without. My favorite Indian ritual is the coffee and tea they offer when you first visit, it's SO GOOD!

Katie said...

Hey Liz! I'm going to Bangalore. I've already heard a few stories about the water and avoiding it at all costs. I think I'm taking a pack of protein bars and snacks just in case.

Okay, something to be excited about... coffee and tea!!! Anything else I should be prepped for? I know you probably were in very different areas than I was.