Friday, February 29, 2008

Freak out number 592

Oh my word! I just found out that in India I need to dress extremely conservatively. I had planned on dressing modestly but I didn't realize that meant no capri's no sleeveless tops etc... I have no idea what I'm going to wear! I just browsed some travel sites and even they say you'll feel most comfortable covered neck to toes and long sleeves. Hello, its hot there! So I'm just praying I find some clothes in my wardrobe that will do, and I definitely need to buy some loose long pants to wear. I asked someone at work who went recently to let me know what she wore. Apparently the first day there she was stared at so much she totally changed her wardrobe for the rest of the weeks she was there. Sigh... I'm not looking forward to this. Apparently everyone in the US is half dressed according to Indians. Oh and I didn't dress this way in Singapore where there were about 15 Indian men and now I wonder what they thought of me?!

On a happy note... I bought a new camera today and hopefully I'll be taking some better pictures now. The last trip my camera just drove me nuts!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

You can wear t shirts, but not too fitted. Pants are a must. When we went, we wore Punjabi's which includes a scarf, which we thought was ridiculous but later found out is considered most necessary. They also told us not to speak first to men but only when first spoken to. And you must never touch a man you are not married to....

Katie said...

Thanks Liz for all the help! I have been looking on the internet for tips and that's a lot of what they are saying. That dressing in their clothes might be best, and never talk to a man or touch him. Oh my word! I really hope in the city where I am its not so hardcore. Off to shop for long pants that are lightweight.