Saturday, January 12, 2008

Let's Start at the Beginning

Welcome to my new travel blog! The purpose of this blog (web log for my not so techy friends) is to keep you updated on my travels and observations along the way. The title is a reference to one of my favorite books Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. It is Steinbeck's memoir of his travels across the US in his Camper Rocinante with his french poodle Charley (I know some of you will LOVE that he named his Camper!). I don't have a dog to bring on my travels but I do have my trusty laptop and camera (which sadly do not have names, as I am just not that kind of girl). I hope to just share my thoughts as a novice traveler to parts of the world I have never been before.

How and why am I doing this travel? Well for one I took a job with our Asia Pacific region at work which now has me supporting our Asia Pacific countries and I'll be traveling to all sorts of places in Asia to do this. I do consider it an amazing blessing to travel the world and see things I would have never done on my own and all on the company dollar! Believe me I am traveling much better like this than I would on my own money. I've never been to Asia and this will definitely be an adventure for me.

I hope you'll enjoy my observations and maybe I will inspire you to travel more.

1 comment:

meagan said...

Helllllooooooo!!
Well, now I get the news.
That's what I get for abandoning blogspot, apparently. :-)
How exciting. I can tell I am going to love this blog and I haven't read any then this opening post.

love meagan

p.s. Would you like me to name your computer and your camera for you? hee hee