Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ich liebe Duestchland!

Sorry I feel remiss in not blogging more on this trip. So much happened its hard to find time to record it all. I promise I'll do some make up posts when I get home tomorrow. For now though a quick update...
I'm in Germany visiting my good friend Laurel. It feels so strange to just be stopping for a few days for a visit. Normally if I was coming to Europe I'd stay for at least a week or two. For this trip since I'm flying through Frankfurt I'm visiting for just four days. It so awesome to just be a part of German life and not be in a hotel! I've loved going to the grocery store and buying fresh crossaints in the Backerei (Bakery). I keep joking that its a gastronomical tour of Germany because each day its "what are we going to eat?"!
So the first day we had Spargel soup. Spargel is white asparagus that is in season and a local specialty here. It is SO good, I'm making Laurel take me to get more before I leave. I've had fantastic bier (beer) und wein (wine). We had eis (ice cream/gelato). We had fantastic Italian food. Then on Sunday I went to chapel with Laurel on the US military post here and after we had a very "American" bbq. So its been all over the map for us. I loved every minute of it!
New picture of Spargel soup...mmm...mmm...good!!!


1 comment:

meagan said...

That's such a beautiful picture of you and Laurel! You both look really sweet and really hot. What a great combination. ;-)

love meagan

p.s. I think Deutschland is misspelled in your title...